Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8

Sooo Happy for the weekend! Enjoyed sleeping in and spending a lazy day in bed for a little while and then doing some much needed cleaning around my condo. Watched Garden State (god I love that movie) and then got to warm up my voice much later in the day... which was so nice, rather than doing it first thing in the morning after I had just woken up.


Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Started with lip trills (along with Kurt's warm up recording as usual), variety of scales, goo goo's, baby cries, yogi bear, dopey voice, chest, middle, and head voice, mixing, etc. 
Minutes - 35 

Repertoire - Sara Barielles Gravity and Many the Miles, Don Henley, The Heart of the Matter... started working on The Heart of the Matter again for the sake of the performance on Wednesday (hopefully I can get the time off work), since I probably won't have time to meet with Paul to go over the other two songs, we are both already familiar with that solo, so I think it will probably just make more sense all around for the both of us. Plus this song is a good song to practice middle voice techniques.
Minutes – 35

Successes – Today I felt like I wasn't rushing myself and could dedicate more than an hour to this challenge. It was nice. Also it felt really nice to sing after 8 in the morning. It honestly made a ridiculous difference. Being an adult with a full time job doesn't have it's advantages sometimes when it comes to being a performer. 

Areas for improvement – I need to find a happy medium when dealing with having to sing so early in the morning, and not getting frustrated with myself when I can't get to the notes I want to/know that I have when it's later in the day.

Notes: No healthy meals today guys, I literally never left the house and have some rather strange groceries in my fridge/cabinets. Will be heading to the grocery store first thing in the morning. I ate, but let's just say.... cereal for breakfast and pizza for dinner certainly don't qualify for healthy meals. What can I say, it was just one of those days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! You're really doing a great job with your blog! I bet you will want to continue even after the 30 days are up ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl! I'm really enjoying it! I don't even really care if I win anymore either which is cool. A great way to start the year for sure.

    ReplyDelete