Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28

Ahhh, cutting it close tonight! It's 1130... it's official, I'm exhausted. Do I keep saying this? I'm sure I do. I just got back from volunteering at the Revolutions Festival, which knocks out Charitable Deed numero 4. Donating clothes to the Barret House tomorrow for numero 5 and I will be done! Woot! 


Private Lessons Number 4!!

Date/time - January 28, 12 p.m. 

Instructor - Kurt Robinson
Minutes- 75

Repertoire - A Chorus Line, Nothing, Spring Awakening, Mama Who Bore Me, Wicked, No Good Deed

Points covered – Started with normal warm up, added mee ow mixing and vowel scales. Todays warm up was really rough, and I had a little breakdown which Kurt and Paul were totally supportive through. I got really frustrated when I wasn't mixing like I normally do and I just kinda lost it. Granted, I had worked until 4 a.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. so that was probably part of my inability to handle the frustration but as soon my eyes started welling up the tears started rolling and they didn't stop. Am I just sad the challenge is ending? Concerned about NYU/URTA auditions? Tired? Probably a combination of everything. Kurt and Paul talked me through the little breakdown and we just talked about how hard I have been working and how I need to give myself a break and not be so hard on myself. We talked about my San Francisco trip and what I need to do to make the trip/auditions less stressful then sang through Nothing, and Mama Who Bore Me. After that we started working on No Good Deed. I brought it as a challenge because of the mixing aspect. That song was definitely challenging and will take some time to learn. 

Notes: I really do need to stop being so hard on myself. I really am my worst critic and I have been working hard. Nothing is ready for my auditions and my monologues still need some work but are where they need to be. 


Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Warm ups as usual
Minutes - 20

Repertoire - A chorus Line, Nothing, Wicked, No Good Deed
Minutes – 22

Successes – Nothing is ready for Auditions!

Areas for improvement – I need to leave Nothing alone for a little while now, I don't want to "beat it to death"

Notes: I need to SLEEEEEP... plus I only have five minutes to post so I will blog/add pictures about Revolutions and Barret House tomorrow. I am also missing one yoga class which I will be taking tomorrow morning at 10:15 , and have my last coaching session with Paul tomorrow evening at 5. After tomorrow's blog, my challenge should be complete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment