Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6


Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - In depth warm up with variety of scales, lip trills, yogi bear and goo goo exercises, mixing, breathing techniques, chest voice, middle voice, head voice. 
Minutes - 35 minutes. 

Repertoire - Sara Bareilles Gravity and Many the Miles 
Minutes – 17 minutes

Successes – I used the belt around my ribs method today while I was singing like Kurt had showed me last time we met to keep track of breath support. This was super helpful in reminding myself to not take shallow breaths and also take deep "yoga" type breaths rather than shallow chest breaths. 

Areas for improvement – Still haven't gotten to the high C range in a lot of the warm up exercises like Kurt wants me to.

Notes: Waiting to meet with Kristen to make final decisions on songs. 


Healthy Meal Number 6


Healthy Eating

Meal Description –  Six Inch Veggie Sub with pepper jack cheese, spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, banana peppers, green chili, cucumbers, and oil and vinegar on wheat bread.

Restaurant or Market – Subway

Rating – 6.5/10

Probably one of my favorite sandwiches at subway... the picture doesn't really do it justice.... probably my least favorite meal of the challenge so far though.




No comments:

Post a Comment