Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24... Last Week!

Okay, today begins the final week. I have a lot to accomplish still but I am up for the challenge. I have gotten this far and I am determined to make it to the end. I had a pretty productive day, and per usual, I am exhausted. I went to bed last night at 7 o'clock, which is a tad bit ridiculous, but I honestly needed it. I got in a private lesson with Kurt and Paul today, a yoga class, two healthy meals, and worked with Kristen Loree on my monologues (which isn't part of this challenge but is terribly important for my auditions which is less than three weeks away). All that and I worked all day at the law office. Oy.


Private Lessons/Coaching Sessions Number 2

Date/time - January 24, 2011, 11 a.m.

Instructor - Kurt Robinson
Minutes- 75

Repertoire - A Chorus Line, Nothing and Spring Awakening, Mama Who Bore Me

Points covered – Started with warm up, then worked on Nothing. Went through the song and decided what we were going to use since I only have 30 seconds for the URTA audition. Then we made cuts and talked a lot about character. Then worked on Mama Who Bore Me and talked about the meaning of the song and having a better understanding of the beginning of the play and the lyrics.

Notes: Need to work on keeping a direct focus when playing Morales. She is a tough city girl who doesn't let her guard down ever. It was much more believable when Kurt made me play my focus towards someone in my life who had really hurt me in the past. It was much more believable that way. I need to do that in my auditions, rather than try to play something I'm not.

Healthy Eating Number 21
Meal Description –  For breakfast, oatmeal with blueberries, almonds, a banana and an orange

Restaurant or Market – Whole Foods

Rating – 10/10 my favorite breakfast

Healthy Eating Number 22
Meal Description – Chicken, spinach, and green chili instead of dressing

Restaurant or Market – Smiths

Rating – 8.5/10

Dance/Personal Fitness Number 9

Date/time - January 24, 2010

Type of class – Hatha Yoga

Difficulty Level - Intermediate

Studio and Instructor – Defined Fitness, Misa

What did you most enjoy? – I most enjoyed Shivasana. Honestly, the last few weeks, it has become the most gratifying experience in yoga for me. Although it only lasts two to three minutes, it feels like 20. It almost feels like an out of body experience sometimes. Before I would think about what I was going to eat for dinner or what my plans for later that night would be but now I feel the most calming, relaxing, indescribable feeling that I think shivasana is actually meant for.

What did you find challenging and why? – Again, the room was freezing and I was wearing a tank top. I need to remember to wear long sleeves. It's really distracting when I am so cold and it's hard to feel my fingers and toes sometimes.

Observations – One more yoga/dance class and I will have fulfilled this part of the challenge! 
Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Normal warm ups along to Kurt's recording as usual
Minutes - 25

Repertoire - A Chorus Line, Nothing and Spring Awakening, Mama Who Bore Me
Minutes – 33

Successes – For the most part have Nothing memorized... Happy to finally have worked with Kurt and Paul on Nothing as well.

Areas for improvement – Need to work more on character choices with Morales, especially with finding a point of focus and sticking to it. 

Notes: Have another private lesson with Kurt and Paul tomorrow, looking forward to getting more work done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment