Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30. Is this it?

Last day! It's been great. I'm kind of sad, mostly happy, and really proud that I, and everyone else made it to the end! I haven't showered yet or gotten ready for the lunch, so I really need to post! It's been a great experience everyone! 
Daily Practice Session... Last one! Eeek...

Technical Concepts - Normal warm up, lip trill scales, yogi bears, muh muhs, chest voice, middle voice, head voice, mixing, me-ows, vowel scales, breathing/strengthening exercises. 
Minutes - 27

Repertoire - Ran through Nothing once for good measure, then went back to Many the Miles by Sara Bareilles today. It just felt appropriate for today. 
Minutes – 18

Successes – Mixing in head voice during was a little easier today but still needed work. Also was less breathy during the vowel scales.

Areas for improvement – ... except when I started getting in to head voice. I still need to work on this like I said yesterday. I have a feeling it's going to take a lot of time. I think it's just hard for me because I am still thinking about the vowels so I am holding myself from allowing myself to slide and "mix" into head voice. Practice makes perfect.

Notes: I am still planning on singing every day, regardless of this challenge. This was only the beginning. Good luck today everyone!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment