Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12

Day 12 was a day packed full of crazy stuff, AND I'm starting a new job tonight at 930. Yikes! I don't know how I always end up spreading myself so thin... Oh well, I like keeping myself busy. At least I got two healthy meals in today! I also did two other charitable deeds today, which means I have already got three down. Unfortunately I won't have time to post about them, because I need to start getting ready for work and I really want to spend a genuine amount of time posting pictures, and writing about the organizations that I volunteered for. I promise, I will blog about them either tomorrow or Friday! In the meantime, two healthy meals and my practice log...


Healthy Meal Number 9




Healthy Eating

Meal Description – Brown Cow Cherry Vanilla Yogurt, half a banana, a tangerine and yogi mint garden tea

Restaurant or Market – The Co-Op on Rio Grande

Rating – 8.5/10

Great breakfast, but I was starving by lunchtime! 




Healthy Meal Number 10



Healthy Eating

Meal Description – Grilled Chicken Greek Salad with fresh greens, tomato, and greek dressing

Restaurant or Market – Cheese and Coffee

Rating – 8/10




Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Same as everyday, warm up along with Kurt's recording... goo goo scales, lip trills, yogi bear, mixing, breathing exercises, chest voice, middle voice, head voice. Michelle Branch "because you're everywhere" cry exercise...
Minutes - 30

Repertoire - Sara Barielles Many the Miles, Gravity

Minutes – 15

Successes – Crying exercises are starting to feel more natural.

Areas for improvement – Need to remember that I don't have to focus on how loud or strong I sound

Notes: Spoke with Kathy today! She is going to send me a list of repertoire/comedic songs to round out my URTA/NYU auditions. I'm excited to get working on this aspect of my graduate school auditions

No comments:

Post a Comment