Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18

Hey guys! Today was a great day. I finally feel caught up on sleep and back to my normal self. I had some major breakthroughs with my Henry IV monologue today and for the first time I actually enjoyed working on it. I am finally starting to "live" in the Doll character like I do with Harper in my Angels in America monologue and it feels good. I'm starting to look forward to my San Francisco trip. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of work to do, but I feel like I'm starting to head in the right direction. I also got a lot of work done for the challenge today, and I'm not blogging at 20 till midnight, so it's a good day! 


Dance/Personal Fitness Number 4

Date/time - January 18, 2011, 7:40 p.m.

Type of class – Yoga 

Difficulty Level - Beginner/Intro to yoga 

Studio and Instructor - Defined Fitness, Chris M.

What did you most enjoy? – I most enjoyed that I made myself go today. I originally wanted to go to the Sports and Wellness Yoga II/III level class at 5:15 class, but I ended up not leaving work until 5:30. (Yes I have memberships at both at Sports and Wellness and Defined, ridiculous I know...). When I missed class I was all annoyed, and didn't necessarily want to go to a beginner class later in the evening but I talked myself out of the negativity and went to the later class on the other side of town. I was glad that I didn't let staying late at work make me miss yoga today.

What did you find challenging and why? – I found being in an intro to yoga class challenging to be honest. The entire class was spent introducing names of poses poses and how to get through a class, which I already know. We never even went into downward dog or even childs pose and those are the aspects that I most enjoy about yoga. We also never did shavasana at the end of class and my jaw nearly fell to the floor when class ended without it. Although the class was moving slower than I'm used to, I just took the opportunity to focus on breathing, deep stretching, and meditating.


Observations – I still need 6 dance/yoga classes. Yikes!!
Kinda blurry, felt bad asking for another picture... she is, in a headstand after all.

Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Evening warm up along with Kurts recording... lip trills, yogi bear goo goos, muh muhs, za za's, chest voice, middle voice, head voice, mixing, breathing/strengthening exercises.
Minutes - 35 

Repertoire - Chorus Line, Nothing Sara Bareilles, Gravity
Minutes – 15

Successes – Felt good about mixing in head voice today.

Areas for improvement – Need to start working with pianist/someone on Nothing...

Notes: see above.

Healthy Meal Number 15


Meal Description – Brown Cow cherry vanilla yogurt, chocolate chip Cliff bar, and Throat Comfort Yogi Tea (my absolute favorite tea of all time)

Restaurant or Market – La Montana Co Op

Rating – 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment