Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23! What a day!

Aye, I ended up with a massive migraine after tonight's recital, so I'm blogging now and heading straight to bed to hopefully get some sleep. Today was a great day, with a lot of successes, but I also came out of it feeling like I have a lot of work to do still. I began the day with a dance class, and I am not the most coordinated person in the world. If I want to continue with musical theatre in any way, shape, or form, I am going to need a lot of work. Let me repeat that... a lot of work.



Dance/Personal Fitness Number 8

Date/time - January 23, 11 a.m.

Type of class – Dance, Musical Theatre

Difficulty Level - Intermediate?

Studio and Instructor  – Gold Cup Gymnastics, Jonathan Ragsdale

What did you most enjoy? – I most enjoyed hanging out with fellow challengers and practicing dancing, because as much as I hate to admit it, I am a terrible dancer.

What did you find challenging and why? – As I mentioned above, I'm a terrible dancer. And it was really hard following the choreography. When they were teaching the steps and using the dancing terminology, it was really hard to pick it up so quickly and follow along. I felt really lost, and it made me realize that I really have no business going to an audition with heavy choreography any time soon.

Observations – I had fun, but I left the dance class kind of feeling bad about myself and my dancing skills.


Healthy Eating Number 19


Meal Description –For breakfast, whole grain cheerios, banana and orange

Restaurant or Market – Smiths

Rating – 8.5/10


Healthy Eating Number 20
Healthy Eating

Meal Description – Tomato basil soup with lowfat cheese

Restaurant or Market – Smiths

Rating – 6/10, kinda made my stomach hurt after I scarfed it down



Daily Practice Session
Technical Concepts - Warmed up along with Kurt recorded warm up, lip trills, goo goos, muh muhs, baby cries, mixing, breathing, strengthening, chest voice, middle voice, head voice.
Minutes - 30

Repertoire - Sara Bareilles, Gravity, Spring Awakening, Mama Who Bore Me.
Minutes – 30

Successes – Mama Who Bore Me feels really strong.

Areas for improvement – Honestly, not feeling very happy with Gravity, which is frustrating for how much I have worked on it in the last three weeks.

Notes: Really ready to put Gravity away for a while and start focusing on Nothing for my auditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment