Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15

Alright I know I have promised to blog about my charitable deeds for four or five days now but I keep running out of time and picking up more shifts at the bar... My blog today will only include my daily practice log and a healthy meal. I promise to blog about the charitable deeds tomorrow. I have been having a hard time uploading the pictures from my phone onto my computer and that is why it's been taking me so long to get everything up... I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the two week brunch tomorrow! 


Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - After my private lesson with Kurt yesterday I got to record a new warm up! That was definitely exciting, because the old recording I had was starting to get a little boring... Lip trills, goo goo, yogi bear and baby cry exercises, mixing (my favorite), chest voice, middle voice, head voice, breathing/strengthening exercises.
Minutes - 40

Repertoire - Sarah Bareilles, Gravity and Chorus Line, Nothing
Minutes – 25

Successes – Finally have a show tune that will work for URTA auditions, also staring to get really comfortable with mixing in head voice.

Areas for improvement – During the breathing and strengthening exercises I need to remember to take the breaths low into my stomach like in yoga, not high and shallow.

Notes: Made sure to drink lots of water today.


Healthy Meal Number 13
Healthy Eating

Meal Description – Salad Bar, Spinach, tomatoes, tuna, two hard boiled eggs, broccoli, carrots, peppers, grapes, melon, grilled pineapple and blueberries.

Restaurant or Market – Whole Foods

Rating – 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment