Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22

Happy Saturday everyone. I feel like I keep saying "today was productive" but honestly, I every day I  continue to get a lot of stuff done that I really need to get done. I woke up early and took the hardest yoga class that I have literally taken in my life. I also took headshots with Daniel Hulsbos (who is amazing) which I am going to take to my auditions. I really needed to get those done, and am so happy that I can finally take that task off my list.

Dance/Personal Fitness Number 7
Mindy kicked my butt. I look exhausted.

Date/time - January 22, 10:15

Type of class – Yoga III

Difficulty Level - Advanced (Hardest Class OF MY LIFE)

Studio and Instructor - Sports and Wellness, Mindy

What did you most enjoy? – I most enjoyed not passing out, honestly. So hard. So, so hard. Mindy was not messing around when she taught this class.

What did you find challenging and why? – I felt so weak today. Staying in poses took all of my energy and strength. I even fell out of this crazy pose that I had never even heard of before that involved crazy bends and twists that I can't even remember now.  

Observations – Yoga 5 days in a row might not be the idea next week. My body might need a one day rest. Looking forward to Jonathon's dance tomorrow though.


Healthy Eating Number 18

Meal Description – For breakfast I had a Cliff bar, banana, orange and throat calm tea with honey.

Restaurant or Market – Smiths

Rating – 8/10


Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Nice long warm up to Kurt recording like usual, starting with lip trill scales, yogi bear goo goo's, muh muh's, baby cries, mixing in chest voice, middle voice, head voice... Then moved to breathing and strengthening/scale exercises. I especially love warming up on the weekends because I'm not forced to do so in the morning before work. I wasn't rushed and I got to sing in the afternoon after I had got to sleep in a little and take yoga at 10:15. Great way to start my day.
Minutes - 45

Repertoire - Sang through Mama Who Bore Me a few times, since I'm singing it tomorrow for the recital. I love singing this song even though it's not at all a good song to take to an audition it's a song that I think goes nicely with the strengths of my voice, especially now that I have been focusing a lot on mixing, and have really started to understand the concepts of mixing in chest, middle and head voice. Then sang through Gravity, since that is my second song for the recital tomorrow.
Minutes – 45

Successes – Kind of already mentioned above with Mama Who Bore Me and Gravity. I'm really happy that I have learned so much about the concept of mixing in this challenge. If it weren't for this challenge, I would be none the wiser and wouldn't have that technique to use to my advantage as a singer at auditions or in other singing situations.. It's been so beneficial. Sometimes it gets frustrating when I'm practicing mixing, but eventually if I can master it (crossing fingers) I know it will be so rewarding.

Areas for improvement – Having trouble in gravity on the "set me free, leave me be" in head voice. I think it just might be "in my head" ha ha.

Notes: Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment