Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1!

Happy New Years Everyone! Although there were some pretty good things about 2010, like graduating, and being cast in No Exit, I would have to say that 2010 was a pretty rough year, and I wasn't sad at all to see it go. SO! I started my 30 day challenge with my 1st yoga class:
Dance/Personal Fitness

Date/time - 1/1/11 12:30 pm

Type of class – Yoga

Difficulty Level - I/II

Studio and Instructor (Include Photo) – Sports and Wellness/Riverpoint Pam H

What did you most enjoy? – Concentrating on breathing during the whole practice. I also felt like I was very balanced through out the whole practice as well, which sometimes I have a hard time with if I let my mind wander. 

What did you find challenging and why? – Trying to keep my mind from wandering during Shavasana, which is normally my favorite part of yoga at the end, and is the most relaxing for me. I kept thinking about what I had planned for the rest of the day and couldn't just let myself enjoy the last five minutes of the class without any worries. It was a tiny bit frustrating. I was mostly worried about how I would approach the instructor about taking a photo with me at the end! haha. 

Observations – I have been practicing yoga for a few years now. I have always tried to go at least twice a week, but it is rare if I make it once a week. I hope that this challenge will inspire me to go at least twice a week or hopefully more. 



Once I got home, I threw in a few loads of laundry and started with my daily practice session. I started by getting out my recorder and my handy dandy warm ups that I recorded last time that I met with Kurt (which have been oh so helpful). 


Daily Practice Session

Technical Concepts - Warm ups, lip trills, chest voice, middle voice, head voice, affections, mixing.
Minutes - 30

Repertoire -Sara Bareilles Gravity
Minutes – 30

Successes – Every day that I use Kurt's warm ups I can feel my voice getting stronger and less strain on my vocal chords. It seems easier to get into the higher places and I also feel a lot more awareness about my voice that I have never had in the past.

Areas for improvement – I am still not quite at the high C yet, which is where Kurt wants me to be.

Notes: Not sure if Gravity is the song I want to use for my URTA auditions. I emailed Kathy today and will be meeting with her soon. My song might be changing based on that meeting with her.



Have a great rest of your weekend guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment